Saturday 28 January 2012

Las-Plas Conversion

Well this is my version of creating a Lascannon with Twin-linked Plasma Gun.

It did not take very long and all you require is

2 Plasma Guns
Green Stuff or filler
Glue
Sharp knife.

First thing to do is trim off one of the lascannon barrels at the joint where it will leave you a nice flat surface to glue the plasma guns on.
Then I trimmed off the Plasma gun barrel. I was using old Space Wolf ones. I trimmed them down with the detail line. This i know was going to leave a small hole at the back between the plasma barrel and the turret. But that is what the filler is for.
One you have two Plasma gun barrels I sanded the sides that would be joined together to make them a little flatter, so to make fitting them together easier. Then I glued then together, I used plastic cement glue for this. Then I glued them to the turret itself.
You should be able to see this on the pictures. Then as I said before, you are going to be left with a hole at the back of the Plasma gun barrels. This I filled in with a little green stuff and then moulded it into shape so as to not look out of place.
Easy peasy, then all you have to do is wait for it to dry and paint away.
Any questions then please don't hesitate to ask.





No comments:

Post a Comment