Monday 14 July 2014

Product Review - War Bases




Hello fellow hobbyists

So on this post I thought I would do a  little review of some things I bought from War Bases (www.war-bases.co.uk). I have been thinking for a while about reviewing some of the things I buy for a while which might help you guys and gals out on your precious purchases.

"Welcome to Warbases, the one stop shop for all your gaming needs from MDF bases in 2mm or 3mm to custom acrylic tokens, movement trays, laser cut buildings, gaming aids and scratch building accessories. "

That's what War Bases do in their own words. I have seen a lot of their products personally as I have been to a few events they have been at. I saw great quality of product for a phenomenal price which made me remember to order the bits I required from them.

First off I ordered some 60mm wide 2mm thick bases.




I hope you can see from the photos that these come perfectly made. The MDF which there are cut from is of great quality and the finish on them is just perfect. When you bring in the price, of £1.20 for 6 of them. Yes, that is right, £1.20. 

Next I bought some 25mm by 2mm thick bases.




Here again I think you can see the quality, which again in my opinion is perfect. With these you got 20 of them for the same price of £1.20. I don't think these prices can be beaten anywhere! There is no warping in the wood or funny burs round any of the edges!

Lastly I bought these casualty markers.




 So I bought these for pinning allocation in Bolt Action. But you could use these in any game for marking any type of counter that you required. Plus you could also set your model on top of these markers rather than to the side. So these were 60p each. A little dearer than obviously your standard base but in my opinion still worth it.

The only fault I can find with these markers is that they are comprised by putting two circular bases on top of each other. Some of the markers are slightly off centre so they don't quite perfectly match up. Apart from that though I found no flaws. They count up from 1 to 12 which should suffice for most games!

The delivery was quick and within two days and they were well protected in a heavy duty jiffy bag. 

So overall I would definitely give War Bases a thumb's up and a score of 8/10. I would most definitely order form them again and try more of their range like their buildings for example or movement trays. But if you are looking for anything in MDF I would recommend that you give War Bases a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment